What if this year you made a vow to yourself that you will love yourself more? What would that mean to you?
For me, it means I will:
- Live in the moment rather than worry about tomorrow, the next day, the next year, my next career move etc
- Avoid overanalysing every little detail
- Appreciate how far I’ve come instead of focusing on how far I have to go
- Try to see the silver lining in every cloud
- Be more spontaneous
- Be comfortable in my own skin, even the extra 25 pounds I’d love to lose
- Run more miles each week without the need to track my pace
- Make more time for yoga
- Make an appointment to see a psychologist to discuss non-medicinal ways to manage my depression
Make a list of your self-love goals for the New Year and keep it nearby – in your car, purse, school bag, desk drawer, taped to the bathroom mirror, wherever – so you can check in often and remind yourself of this promise you made to yourself at the start of 2017.
Here are 30 more ideas of ways to love and be good to yourself.
Peace + love